Your body’s metabolism affects how easy or fast you will lose weight.
What is Metabolism?
Metabolism is how fast your body breaks down the food into energy, how many calories it burns each day.
Children have faster metabolic rates than adults, and we all know about the legendary metabolism of teenage boys. That’s the metabolism you wish you had.
And while it is inevitable that your metabolism decreases with age, it doesn’t doom you to gaining weight. It might even decrease 30% over your life, but really, is that any reason to become overweight? Of cause not.
Here are 7 possible ways to boost your metabolism and burn more calories during the day, so you can lose more fat faster.
- Add breakfast to your daily meal planner. Although many people don’t like eating breakfast, it gives your body the rev up it needs to launch your metabolism. A 250-calorie snack is all it takes to boost your metabolism in the morning.
- Add spices to your food. According to the U.S. Agricultural Research Service, Cinnamon is one spice that increases your metabolism twenty fold — and all you have to ingest is a mere 1/4 to 1 tsp per day!
- Increase intake of vitamin C in your diet. If you add 500 mg of it to your day, you burn up to 39% more fat when you’re exercising.
- Drink lots of fresh clean water. Adding ice to a drink makes your body work harder because it has to heat it up in your stomach, which increases your metabolism.
- Get exposure to sun. The bright light boosts your metabolism and also helps you increase bone and muscle strength.
- Eat lots of greens and reds in your dishes. Reds contain Chromium, which is found in tomatoes and in a supplement form, also boosts the way you burn fat. According to MedlinePlus, meat, eggs, green pepper, apples, banana and spinach are also good sources of chromium. When you supplement 120 mcg of chromium daily, your body benefits by revving up its metabolism.
- Eat more small meals during the day instead of one or two big ones. Every time you eat, it helps your metabolism rise, so as strange as it may sound, eating frequently can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.