Did you know that state of your mind directly affects your body?
When you are unhappy, uncomfortable or stressed your body goes in the mode of protection and accumulation of resources for the uncertain future. If you are struggling to loose weight in spite of all diets and exercise then your emotions might be on the way.
Here is 7 tips for avoiding emotional overeating:
- Eating doesn’t make the problem go away! Instead, try to deal with the problem in ways other than eating. For example: take a short walk or call a friend.
- Think positively. Replace those negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
- Get active. Take a brisk walk, get on a stationary bike, or do some stretches. Exercise will usually improve your emotions!
- Distract yourself. Find something else to do rather than eating. Listen to some music that lifts your spirit.
- Avoid the kitchen. You will be less tempted to feed your emotions.
- Have healthy snacks easily available. Comfort foods can be healthy.
- Get help. In a few month I will be launching my new weigh loss program. “Be Your Perfect Weight” Program was designed to help you to release and remove emotional causes of excess weight.